Most of you are going to eat this up. Enjoy. Part 2 after the jump.
Thru the "Sawtuha" project and Blitz The Ambassador playing quite some shows in Morocco I've had the pleasure to travel North Africa quite frequently lately and whenever possible I did some record shopping. This is a selection of some of the finds, music from the 60s and 70s from Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia. Some known some not yet.
This is also a kick off to a new loose series of mixes by us, people we work with or people we are just friends with. Enjoy.
So here is the tracklist after the guys at ozart already deciphered a huge part of it. Sorry for the delay, I didn't have my hands on my records in the last days:
01. Assa'd Khoury - Al Gaba
02. Sabah – Dek El Kaff
03. Karim Shourhy & Andrea Rayder – Take Me Back To Cairo
04. Feddoul – (Reprise de Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag)
05. Ziad Rahbani – Intro Instrumental 2
06. Sharifa Fadel – Mawal El Ashak
07. Salah Ragab and The Cairo Jazz Band – Egypt Strut
08. Golden Hands – Take Me Back
09. Elias Rahbani & His Orchestra - Moonlight Melody
10. Mahmoud Megri - Tefham
11. Elias Rahbani – Dance of Maria
12. Abdou El Omari - Rajaat Laayoun